The Iowa Chapter hosts an annual meeting in February or March each year. The meeting includes a formal business meeting during which awards are presented, discussions are held, and motions are voted on by the membership. Typically, about 1-1.5 days of professional and student presentations are given, along with a poster session and plenary sessions.
Joint AFS/TWS 2023 Meeting
The next annual meeting is scheduled for March 1-2, 2023, at the Quality Inn and Suites in Ames, Iowa, as a joint event with the Iowa Chapter of The Wildlife Society.
- To register for the meeting, check back very soon. All registration will be handled through TWS's system at https://iowatws.wildapricot.org/events
- $80/Professionals + Late fee
- $50/Students & Retirees + Late fee
- Reduced 1-Day registrations available as well
- Hotel booking
- Reference "Iowa DNR" to obtain the State government rate for all nights
- You may book any nights needed together, as no nights will be paid via direct billing
Final Agenda (Updated 2/22/23)
Download the complete agenda with abstracts.
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- 12:00 – 1:00 Check-in/Registration & Student-Professional Mentor Luncheon (Limited seating)
- 1:00 – 1:10 Welcome and Housekeeping
- 1:10 – 2:30 Joint Session
- 2:30 – 2:50 Break
- 2:50 – 4:30 Joint Session
- 4:30 – 5:00 Break
- 5:00 – 5:45 Business Meetings (AFS in Room D, TWS in Room A/B)
- 5:45 – 6:30 Poster Session
- 6:30 – 7:30 Banquet and Panel Discussion
- 6:00 – 9:00 Social, Auction, and Raffle
Thursday, March 2, 2023
- 7:00 – 7:45 Breakfast Buffet
- 8:00 – 10:00 Concurrent Sessions
- 10:00 – 10:20 Break
- 10:20 – 12:00 Concurrent Sessions
- 12:00 – 12:30 Transition to Fisheries Statewide
Call for Meeting Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to judge student and professional papers. Please fill out the form if you are interested.
We are also looking for professionals from a variety of backgrounds and career paths to mentor students at the networking luncheon. A meal with be provided. You may indicate your interest on the registration form.
To view previous meeting records, visit the Archives.