The Iowa Chapter hosts an annual meeting in February or March each year. The meeting includes a formal business meeting during which awards are presented, discussions are held, and motions are voted on by the membership. Typically, about 1-1.5 days of professional and student presentations are given, along with a poster session and plenary sessions.
Joint 2023 Meeting
The next annual meeting is scheduled for March 1-2, 2023, at the Quality Inn and Suites in Ames, Iowa, as a joint event with the Iowa Chapter of The Wildlife Society.
- To submit an abstract, you must first register as a user on this website!
- When you are logged in, you will find the abstract submission page at Meetings | Submit an Abstract. Abstracts are due January 1, 2023!
Meeting registration costs will be announced soon but will likely be ~$80, with a discount given to students and retirees.
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Registration
- 1:00pm - 4:30pm: Joint plenary and technical session
- 4:30pm - 5:30pm: Business meetings
- 6:30pm - 9:00pm: Banquet with panel discussion, auction and raffle
March 2, 2023
- 8:00am - 12:00pm: Concurrent technical sessions
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Student-Professional Networking Luncheon
Call for Meeting Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to judge student and professional papers. Please contact the Secretary-Treasurer if you are interested.
We are also looking for professionals from a variety of backgrounds and career paths to mentor students at the networking luncheon. A meal with be provided. You may indicate your interest on the registration form.
To view previous meeting records, visit the Archives.