Purpose of the Award
To recognize an up-and-coming fisheries undergraduate student based on academic and work merit.
- Check provided to student for the purpose of supporting tuition
- Free meeting registration for the next Iowa Chapter Annual Meeting
- Current membership in the Iowa Chapter of the American Fisheries Society
- Junior or Senior studying fisheries, aquatic science, or a related field at an educational institution
- At least one summer of field experience in fisheries, aquaculture, or related field
- Current membership in other units of the society (e.g., in a student subunit or the overarching American Fisheries Society [join at www.fisheries.org])
- Active participation in the Iowa Chapter or other units of AFS
- High academic performance
- Attendance at the subsequent Iowa Chapter AFS meeting, where the award will be presented
Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year are now closed.